Priority1 Android setup instructions
From Field View Wiki
To install Field View on your Android device for the first time perform the following steps:
- Navigate to: Settings (Grey Cogwheel) > Security and ensure that the 'Unknown sources' option is TICKED
- Use a file manager (My Files on Samsung) app to ensure that there is no 'MCS' folder already on your Android device (IF Field View was Previously Installed)
- Ensure that your device has been put onto a project in Field View through the Website. To do this, log onto the P1 website and then go to Business Setup > Business Devices. Next click on the green and white plus button and then ensure data is entered into the following fields: Device Name, Password, Serial Number and Device Model. Next, use the drop-down to select the project that you wish to assign the device to. The other fields are optional. When done, click on the Save button.
- Ensure the tablet can connect to the Internet. This is best achieved through a wireless connection. On the tablet open settings and turn on Wi-Fi and from the list of network connections choose the one you wish to use.
- Create a Google account, if you haven’t already got one. You will need to register a Google account to download Android Apps. https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail
- Ensure that your Android device has a Barcode and QR code app for scanning QR codes (we recommend this one)
- Scan the following 2 QR codes, download and install the resulting downloaded file each time by tapping on the downloaded file in your notifications area on your Android device
- You should then make the Field View app easily accessible by dragging it from your application screen to a convenient homescreen
- Open the Field View app
- You will be prompted to enter your device name, sync password, server settings and proxy details (where appropriate). The server setting should be pre-populated and if you have proxy settings you should already know about it or where to get the details
- When these details are correct, tap the device <Back> button
- Tap 'Press to Sync'
- The sync should complete.
Suggestions & Tips
Customise your lock screen picture
- This can be done from the device gallery - open the menu & look for "Set as", then "Lock Screen"